Why can’t I enter LIVE trading?
Please keep in mind that credentials for the Client’s Area on exante.eu are the same, whether you have a LIVE or DEMO account.
To enter the LIVE trading area on the EXANTE desktop, mobile or web platform, please make sure you meet the following conditions:
- Your account is verified: you have uploaded the documents in your Client’s Area and got approval from EXANTE.
- Your account is funded and you satisfy the minimum deposit requirements.
If you failed to meet any of the conditions, the platform will display the following message:
You will still be able to use the DEMO account.
If you’ve met the requirements for a LIVE account, yet you still can’t enter the platform, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tax on your dividends
The tax on dividends is regulated according to the law of the country in which the traded company is registered and listed.
Exante provides its investment services on an ‘execution only’ basis and is neither a withholding agent nor a tax agent. Any proceeds from transactions with financial instruments or corporate actions are passed to clients in the exact amount as received from Exante’s counterparties (upstream custodians/depositories), net of withheld taxes.
All the information with regards to dividends and related tax enumerations is provided in Transactions sections of Client’s Area.
If you hold shares until a company-defined ex-date, you are entitled to dividends.
Payout date is usually set one month after the record date. Dividends are automatically credited to the client’s account on the payout date.
If taxes apply, they are debited with a separate transaction. You can find the tax details in the Comment field.
- Company declares dividends from a stock
- Company sets the record date and sends a press release to inform the shareholders. Generally, after the Annual General Meeting (AGM). In most cases, dividends are paid out during the following financial year.
- Record day: all shareholders kept on record to that date are entitled to receive dividend payments
- Next day: called the ex-date because from that date the stock trades ex-dividend (meaning everyone who buys stocks after the ex-date won’t receive the next payment, instead the seller gets the dividend). The ex-dividend date is set based on stock exchange rules.
- Payable date: normally, one month after the record date; that’s when clients receive dividends to their accounts.
In some cases, clients might receive the funds with a few days’ delay due to document processing.
Information on dividend paid and tax applied is provided in Client’s area Transactions.
Transfer positions between your sub-accounts
To transfer Cash positions between your sub-accounts you can use the module Withdrawal and Transfer in your Client’s area.
- Select ‘Between my accounts’
- Choose the account you want to transfer from and the destination account.
- You can transfer either all funds available or only required sum.
The operation is free of charge and is performed within seconds.
In order to transfer open positions between sub-accounts you can also contact email@example.com stating the account number, the positions requiring transfer and the exact amount. No fee is charged for the operation performed.
Manage your account currencies
The EXANTE trading platform allows you to trade from a single multi-currency account and supports these currencies: EUR, USD, AUD, CAD, CHF, CZK, GBP, HKD, JPY, NOK, NZD, PLN, SEK, SGD, TRY and RUB.
The deposit currencies depend on the client's account type:
- You can deposit in EUR, USD, GBP, CHF, CZK, RUB and PLN. The minimum deposit required for an individual account is 10,000 EUR or an equivalent in other currency.
- You may transfer any sum as the first deposit, yet you will get access to the platform’s LIVE area only when the account balance reaches 10,000 EUR.
- You can deposit the minimum initial sum required to open an account in any of the currencies above. The official exchange rate on the day will apply.
- If you add money to your account in any of the currencies, your funds will remain in the currency of choice unless you intentionally convert them or enable the 'automatic currency conversion' function.
Convert your funds on the EXANTE platform
You can convert your funds directly on the EXANTE desktop platform. There are two ways to do so:
- Click ‘Account Summary’ on the top toolbar -> ‘Cash Balance’ -> right click on the row of the currency you wish to convert (‘Convert To’)
- Click ‘Instruments’ on the top toolbar -> choose ‘Cash’ from the groups of instruments -> place an order
You can convert existing funds to additional currencies on the EXANTE trading platform (CZK, HUF, NZD, SGD, THB, TRY, SEK, MXN, NOK or ZAR).
Hint: Watch the tutorial about how to convert currencies on the EXANTE platform. If you want to enable/disable autoconversion, please visit Settings in the Client’s Area.
Important note: If you want to fund your account in a different currency, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The final list of available currencies depends on your account type and country of residence, among other conditions.
Handling tax obligations
It is your duty to handle your own tax obligation regardless of your tax residence country. We will provide you with all necessary reports, but you will have to communicate with your tax authorities yourself.
Please make sure that you stick to the tax requirements applied to you.
For more information on where to find the reports necessary for taxation purposes, please visit this page.
Access your account reports
You can keep track of your account in multiple ways.
Visit your Client's Area on the EXANTE website to check the available options.
Client’s Area provides access to:
- Account Summary
- Financial Transactions and Trades
- Account Performance Reports
What’s in Account Summary?
- Create a report for a custom time range
- View the main account parameters with P&L changing in real time
- Choose any start date to view historic data
By clicking the 'Account Summary' tab on the top toolbar, you can access the same information in the desktop trading platform.
On the desktop platform, you can access:
- Account Summary
- Margin Report
- Trade Blotter
EXANTE mobile application
You can also obtain an overview from the EXANTE mobile application. Click on ‘Summary’ in the bottom left corner of the application.
'Summary' Reports in the Client’s Area, desktop platform and mobile applications show the account status as well as instrument quantity and value. You can download the report from the Client's Area.
Financial Transactions and Trades allow you to check all respective operations on the account. If you require a downloadable Excel report, you can find it in the Client's Area. Should you request a longer period of transaction history, the file will emerge in the Custom Reports section once ready for download.
The Reports module in Client’s area allows you to set up periodic reports that are sent out to your registered email daily or monthly in either PDF or CSV format.
Account Performance Report is a special area where you can follow infographics on your account success on a periodic basis.
Margin Report in Desktop platform allows you to follow the changes in your Margin utilization level with regards to the assets held on the account.
Please note that Account Summary calculates the P&L based on the last mid price. If your tax authorities require an official document signed by the broker and do not accept the documents provided for these purposes in Client’s area, please contact your Account Manager to request this report. Manual creation of Custom report for the client is charged with 90 EUR fee.
Note! Be aware that our Account Managers cannot clarify the tax requirements applicable to you. In order to clarify matters related to tax inquiries, be sure to contact the relevant legal entity.
'Close only' mode
The ‘Close only’ mode is a special setting preventing clients from potential losses. In this mode, you can only close previously opened positions and you can’t open new positions.
Whenever your total multi-currency balance drops below 5,000 EUR, EXANTE switches your account to ‘Close only’. This rule also applies to all your subaccounts.
The ‘Сlose only’ mode is enabled and disabled automatically.
In this mode you are no longer able to place new trades. You will still be able to close your positions and withdraw any amount of money. To open any new positions, you will need to fund your balance above the threshold.
Calculating margin requirements at EXANTE
Margin requirement is the minimum amount of assets that a client must have on the balance before buying on margin.
In order to calculate the margin requirement of a given portfolio, EXANTE uses an in-house risk management system, a variation of SPAN®, the Standard Portfolio Analysis of Risk. The SPAN® methodology consists of a series of portfolio "what-if"-scenarios that yields the worst possible performance loss a portfolio can suffer over a specific time horizon. To do this, SPAN® uses a predefined set of parameters reflecting the market conditions of traded contracts.
Margin utilization (MU) is the percentage of margin collateral that a client uses for buying on margin (using leverage). If the margin utilization exceeds 100%, a margin call will be initiated and there is a risk that margin positions will be stopped out (i.e. reduced or liquidated) .
Margin Utilization is calculated as = (100 * Used for margin) / (Account value + Other collateral – Not available as margin collateral).
Account Value (NAV) = 29,968.80 (Total Cash Balances or 7,552.38 + Total Trades Value or 22,416.41)
Total funds Used for Margin are 7038.92, thus:
MU% = 23% (7,038.92 / 29,968.80)
EXANTE applies 2 types of leverage rates for the instruments:
Standard leverage rate indicates the percentage of the asset value that is blocked as margin. Thus, a 30% Leverage Rate blocks 30% of the value of the asset as Used for Margin in the account.
Concentration Rate indicates when the penalty rate for the concentration of certain position will be applied and the penalty itself. Concentration Rate of 50% means that if position in a single asset exceeds 50% of the total Account Value, that position is then considered Concentrated and the percent of funds blocked for margin will increase to Concentration Rate value. More information on Concentration Rate can be read here.
Margin report is a module in the EXANTE trading platform that allows you to track not only the total sum and proportion of leverage, but also the entire structure of the current margin, depending on traded assets. In order to access the module, open EXANTE desktop platform > click 'Margin Report' on your top toolbar.