Try EXANTE Web Platform
Try our Web Platform anytime. Visit us at https://exante.eu/trade to get a look and feel of EXANTE’s trading features – even if you don’t have an EXANTE’s account yet.
Test your trading strategies against real assets in the fully functional web version.
- Free of charge access to Demo mode
- No need to register or subscribe
- Takes about 7 seconds to load
- Liked your experience? Share with a friend
- Ready to go Live? Open an account
What can I do with the EXANTE Web Platform?
- Start the Web Platform from the Client’s Area or try it in Guest mode
- Share the Chart with a friend using a human-readable link
- Configure the layout at your convenience, expand or minimise modules in a single click
Anywhere, anytime, on any device!
- Tune the platform Settings and set up general Preferences
- Find investment Instruments and add them to Quote Monitor
- Inspect real-time and historical data on the Chart aggregated within different timeframes
- Examine the market stance using customisable Chart studies
- View tick-by-tick trading data in real time in Time&Sales
- Visualise Market Depth and discover resistance levels
- Place Orders of different type and/or duration, including Take Profit / Stop Loss OCO orders
- Check Margin Utilisation, use your assets as collateral and benefit from cross-margin trading
- Monitor or cancel Current Orders
- View Open Positions and manage your portfolio
- Get a detailed Account Summary updated in real time
What does EXANTE Web Platform look like?
The latest EXANTE Web Platform update brings on the multi-window layout manager. Now, you can reshape the layout, customising it to fit your requirements:
- Drag and drop any module to the new location on the screen
- Combine a few modules in a single tab
- Change the size of a module by dragging its boundaries.
Here’s what you can do with the new controls:
- Place Order and Market Depth side-by-side
- Expand a Chart temporarily to examine it in detail
- Minimise the Margin module
- Move the Quote Monitor tab to the bottom part of the screen
- Group Account Summary with Open Positions under the same tab
You can also maximise or collapse any panel by clicking the button at the top right corner of a module.
Note! The changes you make to the layout will only be saved for your computer. If you clean the cache and cookies, log in to the Web Platform from another browser or use the Incognito mode, you will see the default layout.
If you are not satisfied with the result you’ve got and would like to reset to default layout, visit Settings:
The EXANTE Web Platform provides you with the fast and convenient way to trade right in your web browser. Wherever you go, stay on the market edge with our intuitive and easy-to-use trading tool equipped with powerful charts. No need to install a program to trade – open up EXANTE’s terminal in your favorite browser, whether it is Chrome, Safari, Opera, or Firefox!
The Instruments tab contains all financial instruments available for you, grouped by type and sorted in alphabetic order. Start typing in an instrument’s name or ticker to narrow down the list, or navigate further to expand the nodes of the Instruments tree.
Click on an instrument to switch it in Time&Sales, Market Depth, Order, and on Chart at once. Drag and drop to add the instrument to Quote Monitor.
Options are not visible in the Instruments tree by default. Visit Setting and flip the switch to see them. The loading process might take up to several minutes depending on your connection speed.
If the tree is updating, you will see the progress bar right above the search field:
How to start using the Web Platform
You’re invited to try a Web Platform demo anytime you like. Visit us at https://exante.eu/trade/ to take a free look and try EXANTE’s trading capabilities – even if you are not using an EXANTE account yet!
If you already have an account with us, enter the Client’s Area and go to Trading > Web platform.
You can either start trading from your account instantly in a Live environment with direct market access or try out some strategies in a Demo mode. Just toggle a switch in the top part of the screen:
EXANTE Web Platform lets you visualise financial data on the Chart, aggregate it using different time intervals, add drawings or indicators, choose chart style and set up other preferences.
Want to show the Chart to a friend? Copy a link right from the address bar. It features not only the instrument you are sharing but the timeframe as well:
If your friend doesn’t have an account yet, you can share a link to the Demo Chart. Please note that the quotes in the Demo are delayed for at least 30 minutes:
- Select the desired timeframe: 1, 5, 10 or 15 minutes; 1, 4 or 6 hours; 1 day; 1 week or 1 month
Hint: The tick data is available in the desktop platform only
- Select the data source: Mid (bid/ask) or Trades. If you prefer to see Trades data by default, please visit Settings.
Hint: If the instrument does not support trade data, that menu won’t appear on the Chart panel.
- Select the chart style and/or activate the logarithmic scale
- Add, modify or remove indicators
- Toggle the crosshair cursor on or off to view detailed info on OHLC candles
- Add, modify or remove drawings
Hint: Undo or redo your actions while drawing!
- Show or hide completed trades and working orders
- Navigate in the Chart by dragging it left or right
Hint: Return to live data by clicking [>>] button at the bottom-right corner of the Chart.
- Zoom in or out by scrolling with a mouse wheel or touchpad.
Drag and drop instrument on Chart to switch it.
What is the Demo/Live toggle switch for?
The Demo/Live toggle switch is located in the top toolbar of the platform. It shows whether you are using the platform in live or demo mode.
The Demo account allows you to try out the platform and trade with virtual currency, while the Live account provides access to the live market data.
Learn of the difference between Live and Demo modes.
Note! Market data in the demo mode is delayed by at least 30 minutes! Also, the switch does not work in case the user has no access to LIVE trading mode.
Quote Monitor provides you with real-time data quote streams. Drag and drop up to 100 instruments to the Monitor and keep track of their dynamics!
Quote Monitor collects all essential data on a trading session:
- instrument name and description,
- bid/ask/mid prices and bid/ask sizes,
- last quote update time,
- price changes in absolute and percentage terms, and
- quote feed status.
Hint: Click the gear sign at the top of a panel to choose what columns you want to see in Quote Monitor.
Time & Sales
The Time & Sales module displays trade data for a chosen instrument at a specific exchange. Every line here represents tick-by-tick data provided in real time by the exchange, namely: the trade timestamp, average price and total size. The most recent trades are always on top, while the others are arranged by time in descending order.
In case an instrument lacks trade data, we’ll show a warning right in this window:
Market Depth is the name of a module that provides a list of active limit orders grouped by trading side and arranged by price.
The rows of the Market Depth module are colour-coded, visualising the histogram by total size. It sums up the total size starting from best bid and ask (e.g. the price that is closest to the market). Market Depth lets you analyse the market conditions by discovering price levels and support/resistance zones. We do not aggregate data from multiple exchanges in a single view thus allowing you to compare trading situations on different exchanges.
Place orders one by one via the Order panel:
- Select the order type from the dropdown menu
- Select the preferred duration
- Fill in the desired quantity
- Fill in the price (for any order type other than Market) and stop price if necessary
- ‘Sell’ or ‘Buy’
You may also want to place Take Profit or Stop Loss (or both) together with the main order to limit your losses or secure profits. Do so right here, in the same Order panel.
Note! If an order is forbidden, some restrictions might apply (e.g., if an instrument doesn’t support Stop orders, you won’t be able to place a Stop Loss order for it).
It is easy to see how the order affects your margin utilisation. Hover the cursor on the ‘Buy’ or ‘Sell’ buttons and observe how the coloured stripe right above the bid/spread/ask figures changes. Blue indicates money Used for margin, while grey stands for Order margin.
The exact value of Margin Δ can be seen in Order Details, the order value, and the trading fee. If you have an open position (short or long) or active orders on the instrument, you will also see them here.
Hint: Willing to place multiple subsequent orders? Take a look at EXANTE’s automation opportunities!
The Margin module features essential information on Account value and Available funds. It also displays easy-to-read colour-coded Margin utilisation showing both money Used for margin (blue) and reserved for Order margin (grey).
Want to check another account? Switch it in the dropdown menu in the top part of the screen!
All information on your orders is aggregated in the Current Orders panel. By default, all active orders are placed on the top. You can rearrange orders by applying filters to any column.
Some columns here are hidden by default. Click on the gear icon at the right part of a table next to column headers to hide and show columns.
- ID: Use this field if you know an order’s ID (or its part) to find it quickly. You can copy an ID from here to use it elsewhere.
- Instrument: Filter orders by instrument ticker. You can use a full ticker (e.g. AAPL.NASDAQ) or its part (e.g., AA)
- Status, Duration, Type, Side: Choose any value, e.g. ‘Buy’ or ‘Sell’ as a relevant Side
- Quantity, Price, Stop, Filled and Average price: As these fields operate with numbers, you can either use an exact value (e.g. 100 or =100) or inequality (e.g. >10, <500, >=25, <=200) to screen your orders
- Updated: Sort orders by date in descending or ascending order. If you click on the filter field, a calendar shows up allowing you to select the desired time period. To clear the time selection, use the Live button.
Hint: Please note that some historical orders might remain outside the scope of the Web Platform. If you are looking for a specific order, you’d better use its ID. If you need to filter orders by multiple parameters at once or retrieve historical orders, consider using the desktop version.
Make the most of your multi-currency account by using the 'Exchange' module. The 'Exchange' window is located on the right side of the web platform, under the 'Exchange' sign.
In order to exchange the funds, begin by selecting the currencies which you want to exchange:
- Go to exante.eu/trade
- Select the currency you hold in the 'You give' window and the currency you want to obtain in the 'You get' window
- Select the amount of currency you want to exchange in the box next to the name of the currency
- Click 'Convert'
In the example above, 100 EUR is sold for 103.23 USD. It is possible to exchange funds between any of the following currencies:
Open Positions aggregate crucial information about your current portfolio and also allow you to close a position in a single click.
When you click an icon with the cross sign, we create a market order with the position quantity to flat it.
Let’s assume you have an open position on the Microsoft shares of -250 quantity (meaning Short 250). If you click Close, the order to Buy 250 MSFT.NASDAQ @ Ask will be created to close your position.
Here’s another example.
If you want to close an open position on GOOG.NASDAQ (Long 300), the order will be Sell 300 GOOG.NASDAQ @ Bid. If the chosen instrument is on a schedule break and is not trading at the moment, your order will remain pending and will be executed when trading resumes.
Hint: If the button is inactive, it may be due to one of these common reasons:
- No market orders are available for this instrument
- You already have an order to close the position
- The button is on delay and will be available in a few seconds.
Summary features extended information on your portfolio. Here you can see your up-to-date cash balances and instruments grouped by type. If you own two or more instruments of the same type (e.g. two bonds or five stocks), we’ll show you the subtotal by type as well.
For every instrument, you will see its Ticker, Currency, Average price, Profit & Loss and Value in the instrument’s currency. The latter two are also available in the default currency so that you can compare instruments in different currencies.
Hint: Use the desktop or mobile version of the trading terminal to access historical summaries on past dates.
‘Show notifications’ defines whether you will receive order notifications while the Web Platform is running in your browser.
‘Show options’ manages Options visibility in the Instruments. Options are not included in the default view so you have to flip a switch to enable them. As soon as Instruments reload, Options will show up. It may take up to several minutes depending on your connection speed.
‘Dark Theme’ defines the colour scheme of the Web Platform.
‘Trades chart by default’ defines default Chart data source: Mid or Trades. You can still switch it right on the Chart using the ‘Mid/Trades’ dropdown menu.
Note: If Trades are not available for the current instrument, the Chart will automatically fall back to Mid data.
The current platform version is also available in Settings. It is 3.40.0 in the screenshot above. You might need this information if you contact technical support regarding the Web Platform.
What if I want to switch the language for the Web Platform?
Use the dropdown menu in the top-right corner of the page to choose a preferred language.
You can either start trading Live and get direct market access to assets or test your strategies in the Demo mode. Just toggle the switch in the top part of the screen:
You can also use the dropdown menus in the top-right corner to switch between your accounts, select the default currency or choose a preferred language.
How can I switch my account?
For WEB-platform, you can use the dropdown menu in the top-right corner to switch between your accounts.
For other platforms, you can switch between DEMO and LIVE environments in the login tab.