You can find the 'Chart' module in the upper menu by clicking on 'Quotes' → 'Chart' in the toolbar under the 'Quotes' segment, or in the left toolbar under the 'Quotes' segment.
The Chart is one of the key trader’s tools. It updates in real time and shows current market quotes.
To open an instrument in the 'Chart' module, you can:
- Drag and drop the instrument in the 'Chart' module
- Open the 'Chart' through an instrument's context menu
- Hold ‘Alt’ while drag-and-dropping and add another instrument on top of the existing Chart
- Control the instruments you added to the first one in the Indicators menu. Open it by double-clicking the indicator’s legend in the bottom-left corner of the Chart.
This is the Chart toolbar:
Hide it by pulling the bottom border up and down or by pressing ‘Ctrl+e’. This will allow you to fit more information on the screen.
Use the toolbar to select the necessary level of chart detailisation: down to a tick, minute and other timeframes. You can also adjust the scale of the chart image by scrolling the mouse wheel.
The fee status icon is located in the upper-right corner of the Chart. Hover the mouse cursor over it to see the market schedule:
To change the layout of the Chart:
- Adjust the scale of the chart by turning the mouse wheel
- To get the full picture, switch between tick data (if available) and various aggregated timeframes – from 1 minute to 1 month!
- You can also switch the quote source: select Mid or Trades.
Note: If there’s no trade data for the instrument, switching won’t be available.
Click on the gear icon from the Chart toolbar to open the 'Chart tools' sub-menu
- Select the Chart style: coloured OHLC bars, candlesticks or lines
- Toggle orders: show orders
- Toggle trades: show trades
- Toggle vertical cursor line: show vertical cursor line
- Toggle horizontal cursor line: show horizontal cursor line
- Toggle gaps: hide gaps (hide inactive trading periods, like holidays, etc.)
- Toggle logarithmic scale: display logarithmic scale
- Toggle percentage scale: display percentage scale
- Toggle average position visibility: display average position
- Add another instrument to the chart
- Indicators: add indicators on the Chart (they will be displayed on the current Chart only). Edit them through the menu or double-click on the indicator’s icon in the bottom-left corner of the Chart.
The module presents an extensive selection of indicators:
Note: To place some indicators on all charts you open, Go to 'Settings' -> 'Chart' and click ‘Indicators’. Pre-set and customise them to your liking!
Press the pencil icon to add Drawings to the Chart!
|Would you like your Drawings to stay on the screen when you switch the timeframe? Go to 'Settings' -> 'Chart' and check the ‘Show Drawings on all scales’ box.|
- To select a drawing, just click on the desired object
- Double-click the drawing to edit it
- To copy the drawing, select the item and press ‘Ctrl+d’:
- To erase the drawing, select the item and press ‘Del’, or press the eraser icon on the right from the pencil
- To clear all of the drawings, click on the icon on the chart toolbar.
Do you want to analyse the data further?
- Export chart data directly into XLS or PNG formats, or
- Copy it into the clipboard as plain text or image
Right-click anywhere on the chart in order to open the drop-down menu.
Note: Click on 'Share link' at the bottom of the dropdown menu, in order to replicate the Chart. When you choose this option, a deeplink is automatically created and copied to the clipboard. The deeplink contains information of the instrument, stock exchange and time frame and is presented in the following format:
When you follow this link from a browser or messenger, a message will pop-up:
And you'll be able to open the platform and see the exact same chart.
Trading from Chart
The EXANTE trading platform allows you to open, modify or close orders in the 'Order' module by clicking on the chart price axis.
The Сhart is cursor-sensitive, so when you click on the vertical axis you create an order at the selected price level. It will directly appear in the ‘Order’ module that will show up on the right side of your chart. Next, you specify the quantity you wish to trade and push the ‘Sell’ or ‘Buy’ button. Your orders will directly appear as tags on the chart price axis: sell and buy orders are marked with different colours.
- Click the desired price to open the pre-filled Order module for Limit order, or
- Click the desired price while holding ‘Alt’ to do the same for Stop order
- Click a single active order on the Chart to select it.
- Click the red cross to cancel the selected order
- Right click on the order to add Take Profit and Stop Loss, Replaceor Cancel in the context menu