To trade using the Order module, start the module by clicking “Order” on the left-side toolbar or by clicking “Trading” → “Order” from the top toolbar. The module window appears in the right part of the screen by default.
To start using the module, select the relevant instrument in the Instruments module and drag it into the Order module. Now you are all set to go.
Alternatively, it is possible to open the module by right clicking on the selected instrument and selecting 'Order' in the context menu.
Choose among the various Order types.
To create a TP / SL order, first enter the quantity of assets you want to buy or sell, and then specify the type of your order. You can choose a specific:
- Price - the desired price at which to close the position and take profit
- Price change in absolute values - the desired point distance from the current market price
- Pips - indicate the distance in price steps (price step or minimum trade points) from the current market price. You can see the value of the pip (Price step) by examining the Instrument information.
Note: If you choose pips, please make sure you enter integers.
Please bear in mind several tips when placing a TP and SL orders:
- both Limit and Market TP/SL orders are directly shown in square brackets in the Current Orders module
- limit TP/SL order have Pending status, while entry order has a Working status
- market TP/SL order have Working status as entry order is executed immediately at market price.
For any order type, select the Duration of the current order. It is possible to choose from a range of options.
To finish creating an order, click Sell or Buy. This will finish the process of order creation, and you will be able to see your order in the Orders module.
After entering the quantity of assets you want to buy or sell, specify the type of your order: you can choose a specific price, the desired price change in absolute values or in pips. If you choose pips, please make sure you enter integers.
At the moment you select the desired quantity, the Margin Delta is calculated. Hover over the 'Join Bid' or 'Join Offer' buttons so see the value.
The Margin Delta price indicates the nominal distance (in currency terms) between the limit price of your order and the price of your indicated TP / SL position.
Pre market / After market
When the market is closed, the client can set ONLY Limit orders. If you want to use any other Order type, the order will be pending until the market opens.
If you set a Limit order when the market is closed → the order will be pending.
If you set a Limit order on pre/after market → it will be working.
If you set a Market or Stop order when the market is closed → it will be canceled.
If you set a Market or Stop order on pre/after market → the order will be pending until the market opens.