All Non-US Persons are subject to US tax at a rate of 30% on income they receive from US sources, such as dividends on US securities. If a client resides in a country with a double taxation treaty agreement with the US, he can be eligible for a reduced tax rate (generally 15%).
Who should complete the W-8 series form?
Articles in this section
- Tax on US dividends
- What is the W-8 form, and when should I submit it?
- I have an error message when submitting the form.
- I cannot sign the form due to the problems with the Internet connection.
- What countries have a double taxation treaty with the US?
- What are the tax treaty rates for different countries?
- Who should complete the W-8 series form?
- How do I benefit from completing the W-series forms?
- What happens if I do not submit the W-8 form?
- Can I submit a paper form instead of the electronic one in the Client’s Area?