Who can enter the competition?
EXANTE Investor League is an international competition for students interested in investment and trading. Bachelor’s, Master’s - whatever programme you are on, we welcome you on board.
Students from all over the world can participate, yet robust English language skills are highly recommended to communicate with the organisers and fully understand the Terms.
It’s free, no participant fees apply.
Can I join if my school is not on the list?
You can participate whether your college signs up or not. However, your individual participation won’t count in the inter-university rating.
You can become an ambassador and register your university if you agree to the conditions.
Do I need trading experience to join the League?
EXANTE Investor League is a competition for all trading and investment enthusiasts regardless of their experience. Within the competition, a participant gets access to video tips and learns to trade in a competitive environment.
In between the Leagues, you can continue using the EXANTE Demo area to practice your trading strategies.
When does the competition start?
All competition dates are set in Terms and Conditions. The kickoff is scheduled for 09:00 GMT+1 regardless of the market’s trading session. However, the competition officially starts once the setup is made available to the participants.
Should a participant register after the official deadline, the setup may be delayed for one business day. We cannot compensate for this delay in the final results.
What can you do during the competition?
Here’s what the contestants can do:
- Place orders on the market (the organiser will unveil the exact market prior to every League)
- Use the Cash module for currency conversion
- Use all EXANTE platform editions: desktop, web and mobile
- Use the materials provided by EXANTE and Amplify to boost your knowledge and improve the result
- Use any additional resources except the prohibited items to improve your performance
- Ask questions regarding the platform via email@example.com or the League’s official Facebook page
- Promote EXANTE Investor League by sharing official brochures with college mates and tagging our accounts in social media
- Join the discussions, share your thoughts and ask for advice on the League’s official page.
What may get you disqualified?
Participants may lose points or even face disqualification for a number of reasons:
- Accounts having a high rate of simultaneous/similar activities may be disqualified for the violation of the independent trading rule
- No trades within two or more business days is regarded as no activity and entails disqualification
- For trading any instruments beyond cash and live instruments on the announced markets, we’ll deduct resulting ‘non-authorised’ profits from your account. If you deliberately repeat this action, you will be disqualified.
- Any abusive actions in the League’s social media or other EXANTE resources, targeting competitors, the organising party or other stakeholders, will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Communication with any EXANTE employee, including the Support team, regarding the trading strategies, is prohibited. Nevertheless, you can contact Support in case of technical issues. Just put compete@exante in CC!
- Only students are allowed to participate in the event. In case non-students apply for the competition, their results will be discarded in the final list and they will not be entitled to any prizes regardless of the outcome.
How is the winner identified?
Here’s the procedure:
- The contest ends at the time set in Terms and Conditions and announced by the organising party.
- The winner of the League is determined by total NAV profit, profit ratio (the key criterion) and Percentage of Maximum Relative Drawdown (secondary criterion employed in case leading contestants have the same NAV by the end of the competition).
- All awarded participants should match the criteria of fair participation, i.e. college or university students who took no prohibited actions in their accounts or in the EXANTE social media.
- The final results are announced within two business days of the contest closing. The organising party retains the right to delay the announcement in case additional investigation into the competition results is required.
- The results may be disputed on reasonable grounds within three working days after the announcement of the winners.
How does the inter-university competition work?
EXANTE Investor League enrolls universities represented by 25 students and more.
To ensure fair play, the competition results are based on the 10 top results delivered by active participants from each college. In case there are fewer than 10 active participants, the university cannot join the inter-university contest.
The winning university receives a special EXANTE certificate and well-deserved public recognition.
You can become a university ambassador encouraging your peers to sign up and be active. Here’s more details.
What is a competition setup?
A competition setup is an ad hoc EXANTE demo account opened for the purposes of the competition. Each League has a slightly different setup, yet they always have these features in common:
- 100,000 GBP of virtual currency for trading
- The Cash module for currency conversion
- The competition module with access to live quotes of the market chosen by the organising party
The setup is uploaded to contestants’ accounts on the day of the competition. After the competition, the platform and contestants’ accounts are reset to the default settings.
How can I access the official competition setup?
Register with the EXANTE Investor League and open a demo EXANTE account. We’ll add the setup to your account on the League start date. Just open any EXANTE trading tool (web, desktop, mobile) and you are ready to compete!
If you don’t get the official setup on the first day of the competition, please make sure your demo account was properly registered and you signed up for EXANTE Investor League before the deadline. If your registrations are fine, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Note! If you have several subaccounts linked to your account, you will receive the setup on the subaccount with a number ending in *.001.
If you registered on the EXANTE platform with multiple email addresses, only the one you used on the competition website will receive the competition setup.
How can I prepare for the competition?
The EXANTE competition does not require any professional skills. The Investor League is a platform that helps you boost personal development and investment expertise through the competition.
Here’s what you can do before the League starts:
- Download the EXANTE tools on your device and start demo trading
- Explore the detailed manual for the EXANTE desktop version
- Watch ad hoc educational videos on the League’s Youtube channel
- Follow our official webpage and get insights and trade news to hone your strategy
- Join the discussions and get advice from fellow contestants and previous Leagues’ winners in our Chat
- Follow our Facebook for updates on webinars, meetings, Q&A sessions and expert interviews.
Have a question? Don’t hesitate to ask! Contact us at email@example.com or any communication channel. Our expert team will be there to help!
Where can I send my queries and ideas?
You can always reach out to the League’s team of experts at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Offer a partnership: leverage our experience to create a theme-based League at your university
- Share your feedback and ideas so we can improve the competition experience
- Inquire about competition rules and the EXANTE opportunities
Please do not use the EXANTE support channels for any questions related to trading on the EXANTE Investor League.