You can find the 'Quotes' module in the upper toolbar by clicking 'Quotes' → 'Quotes' or under the segment 'Quotes' in the left toolbar.
It helps you to keep track of the ask and bid prices along with the Up and Down price indicators for the relevant instruments. To add the instruments, you simply need to drag them from the 'Instruments' module and drop them in 'Quotes'.
This module displays the following information for each instrument:
Instrument indicates the name of the instrument
Description indicates the full title of the instrument
Bid Size indicates the quantity of instruments for sale
Bid indicates the current bid price of the instrument with a price direction change indicator
Ask indicates the current ask price of the instrument with a price direction change indicator
Ask Size indicates the quantity of instruments for buying
Change indicates daily change in absolute value
% Change indicates daily percentage change in value
Status (the colored circle icon in the far right) indicates the current market activity status. Hover the mouse cursor over it to see the market schedule.
- Grey status icon indicates that the instrument is expired
- Green status icon indicates that the instrument is active
Press the gear icon in the top-right corner to view the full list of possible columns.
Open Interest (OI) column represents the total number of outstanding derivative contracts that are held by market participants at the end of the day. Each trade completed on the exchange has an impact upon the level of open interest for that day.
- If both parties to the trade are initiating a new position, open interest will increase by one contract (+1).
- If both traders are closing an existing or old position, open interest will decline by one contract (-1).
- The third and final possibility is one old trader passing off his position to a new trader. In this case, the open interest will not change (0).
Take advantage of the 'Quotes' module by creating various profiles. This allows you to group the instruments in various categories.
Change the name of the current profile with the pen icon; delete the current profile with the X icon; add a new profile with the plus icon.
Use the option to link modules, as you go up and down through the instrument list in the 'Quotes' module, the instrument will automatically change in the 'Chart' module.